Susteon has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer. This position plays a key role in supporting the development of current and future work.
Title: Mechanical Engineer
Requirements: BS or MS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferably with 3-5 years of industrial experience.
Company: Susteon is a technology startup in the Research Triangle Park (Raleigh-Durham area), North Carolina, which is developing and deploying breakthrough technologies that can impact climate change. These technologies are focused around CO2 capture and utilization, and H2 production. Susteon has partnered with a number of national labs and universities to lead R&D in these domains to tackle the climate change imperative.
People: Selected candidate will get the opportunity to work directly with the company founders. Raghubir Gupta has more than 30 years of technology development experience and was leading the Energy Technology R&D at RTI until recently. Shantanu Agarwal is a venture capital/ private equity professional with extensive experience in investing in energy startups and commercializing new technologies.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Good understanding of chemical process design
- Experience in designing mechanical process equipment
- Experience in designing process prototypes
- Understanding of 3D printing systems as a manufacturing tool
- Proficiency and experience in using AutoCAD or Solidworks for making drawings
- Knowledge of Multiphysics software tools like COMSOL, ANSYS
- Excellent data analysis skills, preferred familiarity with Python and MATLAB
- Basic understanding of material selection and equipment layout
- Good understand and experience in sourcing and cost estimation for pilot plants and process equipment
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment and pilot scale equipment
Desired Soft Skills:
- Strong aptitude for learning new skills
- Project management with multiple stakeholders and partners
- Strong technical/business writing skills
- Ability to effectively work with clients
- Strong safety focus
- Creative problem solving and lateral thinking ability
- Ability to work in a team environment with a “can-do” attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Conceptualize new ideas and perform feasibility analyses
- Support development of process and prototype designs for new technologies.
- Support preparation of research proposals
- Support preparation of invention disclosures and patent applications
- Support laboratory/pilot plant testing for the ongoing projects