Susteon Inc. is a technology startup in the Research Triangle Park (Raleigh-Durham area), North Carolina, which is developing and deploying low-carbon breakthrough technologies that can impact climate change. Susteon is partnering with a number of national labs, universities, and industry partners to lead R&D with the express goal of deploying these new technologies to tackle the climate change imperative.
Susteon’s Culture & Corporate Citizenship:
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. Susteon is led by a purpose: to make a difference to the climate change problem through creating technologies which can be deployed in the next 3-5 years. This purpose defines who we are, what we choose to work on, and extends to relationships with our clients, our people, and other stakeholders. Every team member in our team is contributing towards this common goal.
The selected candidate will get an opportunity to work directly with the company leadership, with decades of technology development and invest experience in energy startups and commercializing new technologies.
Key Role Description:
We are seeking an energetic and accomplished office manager who is inspired by being a part of a motivated team of professionals working towards climate change solutions. This position provides administrative and project management support for leadership, directing the operations and finances for the organization, and coordinating strategic initiatives. The Office Manager plans and executes projects with minimal supervision that require synthesizing diverse perspectives from various sources and communicating results effectively. He/she prepares deliverables such as slides, worksheets, or reports; while incorporating quantitative and qualitative materials for external audiences and internal decision making. This position requires integrity, discretion, and the ability to exercise judgment in ambiguous environments. A successful candidate will be analytical, quick-thinking, flexible with a strong emphasis on organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and an unwavering attention to detail in a team setting. This position will require extensive use of Microsoft Excel to manage simple budgets and daily transactions.
Manage Daily Operations – Manages all daily aspects of Office administration to ensure effectiveness and efficiency
- Proactively support Susteon team to manage calendars and record timesheets
- Manage office support infrastructure and ensure vendor performance
- Prepare monthly reports for tracking company KPIs
- Support proposal preparation
- Support preparation of project reports and presentations
- Maintain project milestone trackers to ensure progress is monitored and reported regularly
- Maintain compliance documentation
Marketing and Relationship Management – Build and maintain effective internal and external client relationships; manage virtual relationships across multiple office locations, including variety of key stakeholders.
- Proactively maintain customer databases
- Ensure vendors and employees are provided information on updates of Company operations in time.
- Create and manage marketing messages under guidance from the management
- Update Company website contents on regular basis
Financial Planning and Analysis – Support in managing budget effectively through regular analysis and revenue/expense forecast
- Project cost analysis
- Tracking and ensuring payments to vendors
- Managing Receivables from clients
- Expense filings and tracking
- Reconciliations of banking transaction
- Cost-share tracking with partners
- Regular reporting and analysis each period, as well as ad hoc reporting as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years, five years of executive-level administrative associate experience desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail; a “can-do” attitude, strong problem-solving ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and quantitative skills, good judgment, and flexibility
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to manage virtually
- Ability to define and communicate clear business objectives and desired outcomes
- Ability to analyze/interpret difficult situations and provide recommendations for resolution
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to make decisions, present them, and follow through with implementation
- Must possess excellent computer skills. Must be proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.