Susteon has an immediate opening for a Senior Catalysis Engineer to work in process research and commercialization. This position plays a key role in supporting the development of current and future work.
Title: Senior Catalysis Engineer
Requirements: MS or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering with a minimum 5 years of experience.
Company: Susteon is a technology startup in the Research Triangle Park (Raleigh-Durham area), North Carolina, which is developing and deploying breakthrough technologies that can impact sustainability and climate change. These technologies include CO2 capture and utilization, methane conversion, production of carbon-free hydrogen, conversion of waste into energy and products. Susteon has partnered with a number of leading national labs and universities to lead R&D in these domains to tackle the climate change imperative.
People: Selected candidate will get the opportunity to work directly with a high-energy team including the company founders. Raghubir Gupta has more than 30 years of technology development experience and was leading the Energy Technology R&D at RTI. Shantanu Agarwal is a venture capital/ private equity professional with extensive experience in investing in energy startups and commercializing new technologies.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in catalyst design and optimization with strong experience in heterogenous catalysis
- Good understanding of adsorption, desorption materials
- Experience in catalyst scale-up (lab to bench; bench to pilot; pilot to production)
- Deep knowledge of catalyst qualification and characterization techniques, including experience with advance microscopy
- Strong aptitude for chemical process R&D
- Hands-on experience with lab, bench, and pilot-scale equipment
Desired Soft Skills:
- Strong aptitude for learning new skills
- Project management with multiple stakeholders and partners
- Strong technical/business writing skills
- Ability to effectively work with clients
- Strong safety focus
- Creative problem solving and lateral thinking ability
- Ability to work in a team environment with a “can-do” attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Support technology development for novel processes
- Conceptualize new ideas and perform feasibility analyses
- Support development of process designs for new technologies.
- Support preparation of research proposals
- Support preparation of invention disclosures and patent applications
- Support laboratory testing for the ongoing projects
Susteon offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Susteon has a generous policy of royalty sharing from the intellectual property income with employees for their contribution. Please send your resume to [email protected]