MS or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering with a minimum 5 years of experience. Candidates with only BS degree who have 10 years of industrial experience will also be considered.
Susteon is a technology startup in the Research Triangle Park (Raleigh-Durham area), North Carolina, which is developing and deploying breakthrough technologies that can impact sustainability and climate change. These technologies include CO2 capture and utilization, methane conversion, production of carbon-free hydrogen, conversion of waste into energy and products. Susteon has partnered with a number of leading national labs and universities to lead R&D in these domains to tackle the climate change imperative.
Selected candidate will get the opportunity to work directly with a high-energy team including the company founders. Raghubir Gupta has more than 30 years of technology development experience and was leading the Energy Technology R&D at RTI. Shantanu Agarwal is a venture capital/ private equity professional with extensive experience in investing in energy startups and commercializing new technologies.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Good understanding of chemical process design and optimization
- Proficiency and experience in using the ASPEN/HySYS package
- Strong technical background in CO2 capture from industrial streams as well as direct air capture. Also, utilization of CO2 to convert into chemicals using catalytic, electrochemical and plasma processes.
- Technical background in electrochemical systems
- Good understanding of low-temperature plasma systems for chemical reactions
- Strong aptitude for chemical process R&D
- Good understanding of catalysis and reaction engineering
- Hands-on experience with lab, bench, and pilot-scale equipment
Desired Soft Skills:
- Strong aptitude for learning new skills
- Project management with multiple stakeholders and partners
- Strong technical/business writing skills
- Ability to effectively work with clients
- Strong safety focus
- Creative problem solving and lateral thinking ability
- Ability to work in a team environment with a “can-do” attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Support technology development for novel processes with specific focus on CO2 conversion processes into chemicals
- Conceptualize new ideas and perform feasibility analyses
- Conduct techno-economic analyses
- Support development of process designs for new technologies.
- Support preparation of research proposals
- Support preparation of invention disclosures and patent applications
- Support laboratory testing for the ongoing projects
Susteon offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Susteon has a generous policy of royalty sharing from the intellectual property income with employees for their contribution. Please send your resume to email@example.com.