Requirements: Preferred bachelor’s degree in chemistry, material science, or chemical Engineering with 2-5 years of experience. Work on-site at Cary, North Carolina Headquarters required.
Company: Susteon is a technology startup in the Research Triangle (Raleigh-Durham area), North Carolina, which is developing and deploying breakthrough decarbonization technologies that can mitigate climate change and support environmental sustainability. These technologies include CO2 removal, capture, and utilization, production of carbon-free hydrogen, and conversion of waste into energy and products. Susteon has partnered with a number of leading national labs, universities, and industry to lead R&D in these domains to address the climate change.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Experience with heterogeneous sorbent and catalyst preparation techniques, more specifically:
- wet chemical synthesis techniques such as precipitation, impregnation, and/or incipient wetness techniques
- solid post processing such as oven drying, calcination, and pyrolysis
- Experience or good understanding with laboratory material characterization equipment including TGA/DSC, BET, ICP, XRD, SEM, etc.
- Good understanding of catalyst/sorbent scale-up from laboratory synthesis to commercial manufacturing
- Good understanding of fundamentals of catalysis, reaction engineering, and separations
- Experience in R&D hazard assessment and industrial safety programs
- Strong support of safety culture and EH&S compliance
- Ability to maintain detailed documentation of results and accurate record keeping
Desired Soft Skills:
- Strong aptitude for learning new skills
- Strong data organization and technical writing skills
- Proactive, transparent, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a “can-do” attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Prepare sorbents and catalyst for CO2 capture and utilization using wet and dry chemistry techniques
- Operate lab synthesis and characterization equipment such as furnaces, pH meters, viscosmeter, BET, TGA, DSC, etc.
- Ensure accurate calibration, quality control, and working condition of equipment
- Record, collect, organize, and summarize data from sample preparation and characterization
- Support preparation of invention disclosures and patent applications
- Collaborate with other research scientists and engineers to translate lab data into scale-up system design
Susteon offers competitive compensation and benefits. Please send your resume to [email protected].
Susteon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Susteon participates in E-Verify for I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification. For important information regarding employee rights and responsibilities regarding E-Verify, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/employees/employee-rights-and-responsibilities