Requirements: B.S. or higher in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with 2-3 years of industrial experience.
Company: Susteon is a technology startup in the Research Triangle (Raleigh-Durham area), North Carolina, which is developing and deploying breakthrough decarbonization technologies that can mitigate climate change and support environmental sustainability. These technologies include CO2 removal, capture, and utilization, production of carbon-free hydrogen, and conversion of waste into energy and products. Susteon has partnered with a number of leading national labs, universities, and industry to lead R&D in these domains to address the climate change.
People: Selected candidate will work directly with a high-energy team including the company founder.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Strong hands-on experience with lab, and bench equipment design, construction, operations and data analysis
- Strong technical background in CO2 capture from direct air capture, flue gas, and industrial streams.
- Proficiency in process control programs including Rockwell, LabView, and/or TwinCAT is highly desired
- Strong aptitude for chemical process design
- Good understanding of catalytic, thermochemical, and/or electrochemical approaches for the utilization of CO2 to convert into chemicals.
- Basic understanding of cost estimation for chemical plants and processes and techno-economic analysis
- Proficiency and experience in using ASPEN/HySYS package, COMSOL highly desired
Desired Soft Skills:
- Strong aptitude for learning new skills
- Manage projects with multiple stakeholders and partners
- Strong technical/business writing skills
- Ability to work effectively with clients
- Strong safety focus
- Creative problem solving and lateral thinking ability
- Ability to work in a team environment with a “can-do” attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Support technology development for novel processes with specific focus on CO2 capture and conversion into chemicals
- Support design and construction of laboratory test units
- Establish process control and automation, safety protocol, and operating procedures of laboratory test units
- Complete design of experiments, conducting testing in laboratory test units, and analyze and document results
- Support development of process designs for new technologies
- Support preparation of research proposals
- Support preparation of invention disclosures and patent applications
Susteon offers competitive compensation and benefits. Please send your resume to [email protected].
Susteon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Susteon participates in E-Verify for I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification. For important information regarding employee rights and responsibilities regarding E-Verify, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/employees/employee-rights-and-responsibilities